Commercial influences may have corrupted American College of Sports Medicine hydration guidelines.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals.
That’s one of my personal fave videos of late. Got all the things I love: sweeping historical context, corporate malfeasance, myth busting—you name it! Hope it was as good for you as it was for me 🙂
What about using coconut water? See my last video if you missed it: Coconut Water for Athletic Performance vs. Sports Drinks (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Coconut-Water-for-Athletic-Performance-vs-Sports-Drinks)
More videos on hydration if you get thirsty:
• How Many Glasses of Water Should We Drink a Day? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-many-glasses-of-water-should-we-drink-a-day/)
• Does a Drink Of Water Make Children Smarter? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-a-drink-of-water-make-children-smarter/)
• Can Dehydration Affect Our Mood? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-dehydration-affect-our-mood)
• Treating Dry Eye Disease with Diet: Just Add Water? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-dry-eye-disease-with-diet-just-add-water)
• How to Prevent Fainting (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-prevent-fainting)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-sports-drinks-safe-and-effective and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-sports-drinks-safe-and-effective. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: Gellinger / Pixabay
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK – How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/